Terms and conditions for providers
Advertisers must read and agree to the terms and conditions below in order to add listings to the UniRentals website.
The UniRentals website operates as an information exchange service only. UniRentals does not match students or staff to accommodation offered within the UniRentals website, nor does it guarantee that advertisers will find tenants as a result of using the website. Each advertiser listing their property with the UniRentals website must make their own assessment of a student's character, financial means and/or suitability as a tenant. Any lease arrangement negotiated between a student and landlord is the responsibility of the parties involved.
It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to provide accurate and current information when submitting an advertisement on the UniRentals website. It is expected that persons seeking accommodation will be dealt with in accordance to the relevant conditions under the Residential Tenancies and Room Accommodation Act (QLD), Residential Tenancies Act (NSW) and other relevant State legislation pertaining to accommodation standards, rental agreements and bond.
It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to manage and update their listing and close it when they have found tenants.
The UniRentals service reserves the right at any time to:
- edit the information included in a listing if it is considered inappropriate, discriminatory or offensive
- refuse to list any property considered unsuitable for students
- refuse a listing if it is a duplication and the property/room is already listed on the website
- refuse entry of a listing into the website in the event of serious prior complaint regarding the suitability of specific accommodation and/or practices undertaken by the Advertiser
- remove accommodation listings that are older than three months from the website, without warning to the Advertiser
- take any action deemed necessary in relation to a listing which is the subject of a complaint and/or which may contravene the law or these terms and conditions personal information that has been collected about you as part of this process will be dealt with in accordance with the University's Privacy Guidelines
Please note that:
- You have to provide us with your full name
- You have to provide us with the unit number of the property if the room is located in an apartment (this is for admin purposes and will not be visible to anyone)
- The listing must be written in English
- The bond: if you are signing a standard Residential Tenancies Agreement, then the maximum bond that you can be asked to pay is 4 weeks’ rent, and if you are signing an accommodation or lodger agreement and there are 5 or more people living in that accommodation, then the maximum bond you should be asked to pay is 2 weeks’ rent.
- No information promoting other services that you may offer can be advertised on these pages. The website is for accommodation listings only and we don't accept external links.
- For share accommodation listings, we only accept single or twin share room type. [Example: a single room accommodating 3 or more tenants will not be published].
- The UniRentals website service will not publish listings on behalf of providers.